Bridging Horizons provides community service project opportunities that allow youth to use their problem-solving skills to benefit the community or farm family member. Entrants must design an assistive technology table top demo; develop an AgrAbility for Pennsylvanians promotional video, or complete a service project that helps farmers with disabilities and/or their family members.
Timeline for contest
- June 2016 – Announce contest at the State FFA Convention
- July 2016 – Presentation to PAAE Summer Teachers Conference
- January 2017 – Promote event at the mid-winter FFA Convention
- March 21, 2017 – Deadline for submission (National Ag Day)
- June 2017 – Announce winners and kick off following year’s event at the State FFA Convention